Apple Music is one of the best music streaming platforms as it offers one of the best services to its customers and above that a three-month free trial upon your first subscription. In case you own an IOS device and you want to know how to cancel apple music, you are in the right place. Apple Music is one of the leading music streaming platforms like Spotify that help the user search for their favorite songs.
In case you decided to try Apple music and is not working for you, you can cancel apple music subscription before the three free month trial is over. In case you subscribed to apple music and your three-month free trial is over, you can be allowed to renew your subscription but this time you will be charged.
Do You Lose Music If You Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription?
If you cancel your apple music subscription, you will lose all of the music you had and including all the playlists you created.
In case you cancel your apple music free trial subscription your music will disappear immediately as opposed to a person who canceled his paid apple music subscription but still would be allowed to listen to his music till the cancellation of his account is approved.
Can You Cancel Your Apple Music Subscription Using Android?
Apple Music app is available for both Android users and IOS users. So Android users can access apple music regardless although you cannot cancel an apple music subscription via the Android app. You will have to open the iTunes app on your computer to cancel your subscription. If you don?t have iTunes on your computer, you will have to download and install it. Download iTunes on your computer following the steps below;
- Open iTunes on your computer and click on my Account
- Then click on view my Account where you will have to sign in to your Apple account.
- On view, Account search and click on settings
- Then click on subscriptions and then manage
- Then click on apple music and cancel the subscription
How to Cancel Apple Music on iPhone or Ipad
For you to cancel apple music subscription on the iPhone or iPad, follow the following steps;
- Open apple music and then click on the tab? For you?
- At the top right corner click on your profile picture
- Then click on manage subscriptions
- Then click on cancel subscription and then click on confirm to check that you want to cancel your apple music subscription
- After that, you will get a message with the details of your cancellation.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Macbook
For you to cancel apple music subscription on Macbook, follow the following steps;
- Open the app store on your MacBook
- Click on view information at the top
- On the manage, bar click on subscriptions then click to manage
- Search for apple music and then click on edit
- Click on cancel subscription
How to Cancel Apple Music Using the Web
For you to cancel apple music subscription using the web, follow the following steps;
- Sign in to your Apple music site online through the link https://music.apple.com/
- At the top right corner click on your profile picture
- Click on settings
- Scroll down then click on subscriptions
- Under subscriptions click on manage
- Then click on cancel subscription
How to Cancel Apple Music Using an Android Device
Want to know how to cancel Apple Music subscription using an Android device, follow the following steps;
- Open the apple music app on your Android
- Then click For you at the bottom
- At the upper right click on Account, then click on Manage subscriptions
- Click on cancel subscription and confirm cancellation of your apple music account
Prices for Apple Music Subscriptions
Most of the users who own IOS devices can afford to pay for apple music. For beginners, you can pay $9.99 a month to be able to live stream music using apple music. If this is too expensive for you, you can subscribe under the student plan which is $4.99 a month which is easily affordable.
If you enroll in apple music with a student plan you will have to confirm that you are a student first before they can verify your account. There is also a family subscription of which is $14.99 a month. The advantage of this subscription is that you can use apple music for up to six users at a go just like a normal family.
What Next After the Cancellation of Your Apple Music Subscription
Most of the people that canceled their apple music subscriptions did it for a reason. Some because it was too expensive, others are just tired of always constantly paying for the music. After you cancel your apple music subscription on your app you can still access it anytime you need it unless you uninstalled the app.
The bad thing is that you will have lost your free trial subscription if you canceled before the trial period is over, your music and playlists. In case you canceled a family subscription this means that no one in the family would be able to access Apple music.
In case you want to subscribe for the free trial and then opt-out you can disable the auto-renew feature so after the three-month free trial subscription is over, you will get a message to renew your subscription.
You could also read about how to get iPhone apps on android.
Final Thoughts on How to Cancel Apple Music
Apple Music is a luxury that can be avoided. So if you feel it?s a big deal you can save some of your favorite music on your phone and create playlists. You can also screenshot your music and playlists before canceling your apple music subscription and download them on your computer and transfer it to your IOS device.
In case you want to opt back in, maybe you took a well-deserved break and you are ready to join, you can easily renew your subscription but in case you already used your three-month free trial you will have to pay to renew your subscription.
Has apple music benefited you in a good way or has the cancellation of the apple music subscription benefited you?